25.11.11

At the Lake

  
This ought to be the first blog I should have written! But somehow the blog name is too obvious for me to write about it. Because lake is something I very much relate to and have been used to! Come to think of it, there are so many associations with that word, that, it struck me just like that! Kind of, by default.  However, the main association concerned with this blog is contemplation. This you might have already guessed from the earlier posts. Of course, lake is just a medium, but nature always makes you ‘think’! Even though we never give much thought towards nature. 


In general, I love water. And I have grown up near a lake and hopefully, have grown better with my understanding about it. So it is kind of my first and life long association with beauty of nature. And any form of it lifts up my spirit! So I consider myself very lucky, that every time I need a place to escape to, I get to see one! Be it a small patch not intimidated by the man-made structures around it or some other place in the wilderness. These places give me a chance to be inspired.  So the name of the blog.

Nature, It exists. And what we observe about it is only up to the limit of our understanding of it. And yet it is overwhelming! So it always inspires me! This blog  is some place where I can write what I wish and not what I am expected to!  Hence, the blog name is also a tribute to its contribution in my life, thoughts and emotions. I guess everyone needs some way to always remain inspired and mine will always be nature. To summarize what I think, I like this line I read by Ralph Waldo Emerson although I don't know its context-

Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world.

And lastly, but most importantly, I will end this blog with my first and forever favourite poem. An excerpt from Wordsworth's Daffodils-

I gazed --- and gazed --- but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.




 
P. S. : Being interested in science, although it is out of context, couldn't help sharing this! -

http://www.phombo.com/anime-cartoons-comics/calvin-and-hobbes/4826/full/ 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.