22.10.11

आजी

I would like to start this blog by dedicating it to one of the most beloved persons in my life although she is not a part of it now... my Aaji. Aaji taught us many lessons without words through her actions. She taught me one thing that we know but don't always understand. She taught me to BELIEVE. This is my first attempt at blogging. Aaji, this one is for you.....


Aaji never spoke much earlier but her silence conveyed most of her feelings. I went to Konkan last month. I couldn't help remembering our family trips there. We kept worrying about health of my grand parents and they surprised us every time with their enthusiasm. Their roaming was of course limited but their spirit never. 

We once went to Aaji's village there. We didn't even know if descendants of her family still lived there. Luckily we got to meet them and their hospitality just left us speechless. We also saw a letter written by her father. I will never forget her expressions as she read it. There are no words to describe them, they can only be felt.  

Aaji always engaged herself in one thing or other. People get tired of work, she got tired of not working. She never called herself old after 89 years! After her paralytic attack all she was looking forward to was the day when she would walk by herself again. She did complain of her troubles but she never let it affect her recovery. Even during her illness, she constantly kept herself involved in things like drawing, singing, reading, writing. She was an interminable source of optimism for us.

She always encouraged us to follow our dreams and more importantly our choices. And encouraged us even more when we failed at something! And one thing that cheered you the most was her smile! One thing I miss the most about her is her innocent, genuine and patient smile. I had heard the saying 'patience is a virtue', in her I observed it. 

Even imagining her forbearance during all the hardships and losses she faced exhausts my patience. I don't remember Aaji  being overjoyed or depressed or angry. But almost always she was contented and hopeful. 

There are no better words than these by John Denver which put her philosophy and attitude in a perspective-

To see in the darkness, to listen within 
To answer in kindness, to ever begin
To ever be gentle, to always be strong
To walk in the wonder, to live in the song 




9 comments:

  1. You are simply great. On the occasion of Diwali, I strongly BELIEVE these words can help us to capitalize on our own potential. Enormous thanks to you for encouraging us through such kind of admirable activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Prashant! That's very nice of you. I am glad to know you liked it. I too will make that resolution now. And thanks a ton for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your style of writing! Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aditi, chan!!!

    stop counting those diatoms, and start writing...!!!

    chan!!!

    waiting eagerly for more posts .....!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks pranav! I don't know if i can do that but I plan to write more. :) thanks for encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apratim dusre shabdach nahiyet. Ani he agdi kharay ki aple Aaji ani Ajoba he kharach Samrudhha ayushya jagle ani tyanchya kadun jar kahi ghenyasarkha asel tar hech.......... pan thambu nakos lihit raha jasa vel milel tasa karan ha varsa bahuda tula tujhya aaji ajoban kadunach milala asava........ ani khara sangaycha tar avhda chan tu lihites he aaj paryanta mala tari mahiti nhavta..............tu navshikhi vatat nahis he hi mala namud karavasa vatta......apratimmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Aditi,
    I cannot find the follow option to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chirag-barobar ahe. AAji- Ajoba he khupach special vyakti astat.mi varsa tikavnyacha prayatna nakki karin! :) mi adhun madhun lihite pan pahilyanda publish kela ahe re. tyamule ya style ni pahilyandach lihila. Thanks for encouragement!

    Sayali- actually my blog is open for all.but any ways i will check the setting again.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.