20.3.13

On the edge

I went to a fort few months ago. We climbed on a wall over a straight rock face. It was an amazing experience. The thing that scared me the most, is the realization after getting a view of where I had gone. The fact that I got scared only after looking at in from a different perspective is the most important part. What we did in itself was neither dangerous nor risky. All we did was to climb and sit, which we do every day in our life. This was only in a different backdrop. In the end, it was worth it! It's just the awareness or realization of where you are that scares you the most. I think that is the best part about trying yourself. You may fall or achieve something really good. But you will never know that unless you have tried it. 

You never know your capabilities unless you actually challenge yourself. That moment has helped me with my fear for heights a bit at least! It's not that I no longer get scared. But just that I can deal with that fear and go on longer. I know what i am writing may not be unique and something quiet obvious. The most fascinating part is that I realized it on my own. I never really get tired of doing something. Rather, luckily, I get to do things I really like. What really tires me is not doing anything. The only thing to do with energy/enthusiasm is- use it. And you always have some more left. Don't use it, and still its just some more left and not very much. That is why I love to try, exert and test myself.


Been on the edge has repercussions too. But they are easier to bear if you willingly do what you want to do. Being reckless is foolish but being adventurous only enriches your capabilities more. The most crucial part, of course, is knowing the difference between the two.  I too wish for a peaceful life but not one without experiences. Because only when you have tested yourself, you can make peace with what you are. As my one of my Guru says the more you stretch yourself physically, healthier you get. I think that is applicable in life too. 


Lastly, what you need most in unpredictable life is consistent strength. There are various types of strength. The one I find most challenging and yet most worthy is tolerance. It's somewhat like these lines I once read-





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.